1) Which of the following Saint known as "Mahboob-ae-Dilli"
Ans. Nizammuddin Aulia
2) The Coin "Rupia" was first issued by:
3) How many Central universities are there in
4)who was the first European to translate the Bhagwat Gita into English?
Ans. Charles Wilkins
5)Tuzuk-i-baburi was a autabiography written by babur in which language
6) Which mughal emperor was also known as Qalandar?
7) In 2003, Indian Railways Has completed?
Ans. 150 Years.
8)Which Indian Bank has the highest branches abroad?
9) The first Premature dissolution at the lok sabha took place in the year?
10) Tasleema's Nasreen's Autobiography?
11) The Office of District collector was created by?
Ans. Warren Hastings
12) what is the national sport of
13) Which indian hockey player has a road named after him in
Ans. Roop singh
14) In which year was men's hockey included in the Olympics?
15) Who gave Kapil Dev the nickname "Harayana Hurricane"?
Ans. Guinness Book of World Records.
16) Which cricketer, after his retirement from the game, served as
's High Commissioner in India ? Australia
Ans. K. S. Duleepsinghji
17) Who was the only cricketer to feature on a currency note of his country?
Ans. Sir Frank Worrell
18) In the history of Indian Cricket what 'first' does Faroukh Engineer have to his credit?
Ans. He was the first Indian to play County cricket ( for
Lancashire in 1968)
19) Who was the only player dismissed for duck in the 1983 World Cup cricket final?
Ans. Kirti Azad (
20) Who was the first Hindu to play for the
national cricket team? Pakistan
Ans. Anil Dalpat (wicket-keeper)
21) Which Australian cricketer, is nicknamed "Herby"?
Ans. Allan Border.
22) Who scored 99, 98 and 97 in three successive Test innings?
Ans. Clem Hill (
), 1902, Australia
23) What is the importance of
14 Dec 1960 in Sports?
Ans. For the first time in cricket history a Test match was tied.
24) Who was the first victim of Kapil Dev in One day Internationals?
Ans. Imran Khan of
(Quetta October 1, 1978 his first match) Pakistan
25) Who claimed the first wicket in Test cricket?
Ans. Allen Hill of England
26) "She was initially named Jeevan by her father, but later changed the name. By what name is this singer better known now? "
Ans. Norah Jones
27) Which former Miss
created history by deciding not to take part in the Miss Universe competition? India
Ans. Nalini Vishwanathan
28) Which is the youngest and oldest of the new world religions?
Ans. Sikhism and Hinduism
29) In the 1980 film Kalyug which modern day actress played the role of Rekha's son?
Ans. Urmila Matondkar
30) Which is the national animal of
31) In which Indian state would you find the largest church of
32) The country
is in which continent? Suriname
33) Where was the Durand Cup football tournament first played?
34) JPY is the currency code of which country?
35) Who was the captain of
in Sachin Tendulkar's debut Test? India
Ans. Krishnamachari Srikkanth
36) Which planet was discovered by William Herschel in 1781?
37) Which country is the world's largest producer of wheat?
38) How do we better know a pugilist?
39) Who wrote the poem 'Venus and Adonis'?
Ans. William Shakespeare
40) How is Sampooran Singh better known?
41) A.S Dilip Kumar is the original name of which famous music director?
Ans. A.R Rahman
42) Which company was founded in 1924 by a former cash register salesman Thomas Watson?
43) Which Indian politician wrote 'Flight to Parliament'?
Ans. Rajesh Pilot
44) Who among these was the first to
Everest without oxygen? climb Mt.
Ans. Phu Dorjee
45) "In computers, which term is used to refer to a collection of databases?"
46) What type of a creature is a mamba?
Ans. A snake
47) In which of these lakes are the
and the Honeymoon Island situated? Breakfast Island
48) Which Indian President received the Templeton Prize in 1975?
Ans. Dr. S. Radhakrishnan
49) Which was the first Indian film to be nominated for the Oscar?
Ans. Mother India
50) Holi is celebrated in the month of ________ .
51) Which city is the headquarters of the SAARC?
52) Which U.S president won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1906?
Ans Theodore Roosevelt
53) Which animal is given or lent to other countries by the Chinese government as a mark of friendship?
54) What is the more popular name of the Alsatian breed of dogs?
Ans. German Shepherd
55) Which is used to refer to data transfer rates in modem?
56) On which island were the extinct bird dodo found?
57) "Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag, Pravin Amre" what have in common ?
Ans. Century on Test debut
58) "In the English translation of Rabindranath Tagore's 'Gitanjali', which famous poet wrote the introduction? "
Ans. W.B. Yeats
59) 'Tarkash' is a collection of Urdu poetry by which famous lyricist?
Ans. Javed Akhtar
60) Which former
president devised the name 'United Nations'? US
Ans. Franklin D. Roosevelt
61) Which Indian won a Grammy award in the 2002 Grammy Awards?
62) Aristotle was the teacher of which famous emperor?
Ans. Alexander the Great
63) "In 1980, the Indian government issued a stamp to honour which hockey legend?"
Ans. Dhyan Chand
64) Which of these actors played a negative role in Steven Spielberg's '
Jones and the Indiana '? Temple of Doom
Ans. Amrish Puri
65) Who is the only cricketer to have played Test cricket for both
and England ? India
Ans. Iftikhar Ali Khan Pataudi
66) How is Badruddin Jamaluddin Kazi better known?
Ans Johnny Walker
67) Which of these games is also called 'Ping-Pong'?
Ans. Table tennis
68) Who has won the Nobel Prize twice?
Ans. Marie Curie
69) Who played the role of the young Raj Kapoor in the film 'Awara'?
Ans. Shashi Kapoor
70) Which of these computer languages was developed from an earlier language BCPL?
71) Which country was ruled by Mustafa Kemal Atatürk?
72) By what name is the software program Multiplan now known?
Ans. MS Excel
73) By what name is actor R.K. Tuli better known?
Ans. Rajendra Kumar
74) "In 1640, which city was founded by Francis Day ?"
75) "In computers, what is the full form of OMR?"
Ans. Optical Mark Reading
76) Which famous director is the nephew of Dev Anand?
Ans. Shekhar Kapur
77) "In computers, which of these terms is used to refer to a temporary memory for data?"
78) Who used the screen name 'Baby Rani' as a child actress?
79) Who was the last ruler of the
Sultanate ? Delhi
80) Who was the first Asian to swim across the
Ans. Mihir Sen
81) Who was the first Indian to participate in the
Wimbledon tennis tournament?
Ans. Sardar Nihal Singh
82) Which is the most used metal in the world?
83) Who was the first Roman Catholic president of
Ans. John F. Kennedy
84) Name the first artificial satellite launched by man.
Ans. Sputnik 1
, who among these was known as Kaiser?" Germany
86) Which of these cities is both in
Europe and Asia?
87) Which is the longest river in
88) Which Indian actresses acted in the film 'City of
ans. Shabana Azmi
89) Which game was once known as battledore?
90) In which continent is the
91) Which is the hardest naturally occurring substance known to man?
92) What was the name of the first personal computer?
93) Which planet was discovered by the American astronomer
94) "Which of these elements was discovered by Pierre Curie, Marie Curie and G. Bemont?"
95) What do we call a device for connecting computer network that has the facilities of both a bridge and a router?
96) After which Prime Minister was
Connaught Place renamed?
Ans. Rajiv Gandhi
97) Which hill station of
became an autonomous state in 1970? India
98) Which city became the capital of
Punjab immediately after ? Independence
99) Who was given the title of 'Kavi Priya' by Akbar?
100) Which term is used to describe a computer having the characteristics of both digital and analog computers?
Ans. Hybrid computer